The brain-powered path to your happiest and healthiest adult weight.
Tailored for every adult who's struggled with weight gain and weight loss -- from young adults and college students to men and women of all ages.
It's also a great introduction for parents to many of the core principles we teach at our Santa Barbara, CA summer weight loss camp for teens and young adults.
Amazon Review Excerpts
Losing weight and successfully maintaining it over the long term less about what you put in your stomach; it’s more about what’s happening in the brain.
In Brain-Powered Weight Loss, psychotherapist and weight management expert Eliza Kingsford shows that more than 90 percent of people who go on diet programs (even healthy ones) fail or eventually regain because they have a dysfunctional relationship with food.
Changing this relationship by changing the way you think about and behave around food is what it takes to permanently achieve weight-loss success.
This 11-step program enlists dozens of mind-altering and behavior-changing exercises and techniques.
Discover how to:
- Identify and reverse the conscious and unconscious thinking errors and food triggers that lead to the behaviors that drive our food decisions.
- Let go of the diet mindset in favor of a conscious quest to pursue a lifestyle of healthy eating and everyday activity — one that can last forever.
- Successfully use “dealing skills” to outsmart high-risk situations, tame stressful times, and prevent an eating slip from leading to a setback or all-out binge.
- Find out if you have what emerging research shows is an addiction to certain high-fat and sugar-added, processed foods that can be as powerful as addiction to cigarettes and narcotics.
- Design a personal healthy eating program built on the book's 10 Principles of Healthy Eating.